metal dector for barbed wire fences

You are beyond silly.

Ever see the pattern at the north pole of Saturn?

Where is the Iron?

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Cats would give more than a one shot response. Art

Reply to
Artemus

Hey, wouldn't a dipole antenna launch a nice standing-wave pattern into a long horizontal wire? Seems like another antenna could pick that up.

I bet the pair of rusty wires would generate some useful harmonics, too. Sort of like PIM, Passive Intermodulation Distortion. Yeah, that one is interesting.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I'm wondering if you can make a simplified version of that detector. Say one drive coil, one sense coil, and then a null circuit, something like the hybrid used on a POTS line. In fact, I'm guessing that is how those electronic stud finders work. There can't be all that much electronics in them due to the low cost. A patent search would be useful here.

Another idea is a nonlinear junction detector, since fencing has lots of crappy wire/oxide/wire junctions.

Reply to
miso

stud finders find wooden studs too. for a sensor mine appears to use a U shaped copper wire antenna attached to pin 7 and 2 of a of a NE555 wired as an astable. looks like capacitive sensing there are no other capacitors on that pin.

the other chip in there is an Elan EM78P153SPJ microcontroller with a

4Mhz crystal

but does it have enough?

electric fencing has fewer junctions, but broadcasts a pulse at regular intervals (but only while on).

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

elaborate

Reply to
Robert Macy

1

n will

Don posts here from time to time -- why not shoot him an email?

Reply to
spamtrap1888

You know, they sell back up camera's pretty cheap these days.

And if you really want to get fancy, you can use an industrial fanless PC brick and drop a video decoding program in there using a cheap USB camera..

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

I cannot think of any fence detection system which likely to be more effective than a pair of human eyes and a brain.

If you are looking for a method of delineating the edge of a paddock, so a tractor on automatic guidance does not run into the fence, it might be simpler to drive once around the paddock with a precision GPS unit mapping the 'keep in' area. Then supply that map to the guidance system.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

READ it again, dork.

HAVE YOU (pretty simple to get)

EVER (even more simple)

SEEN THE PATTERN (a reference to something real)

ON SATURN (Pure simplicity)

How could you be so stupid as to NOT get what was said?

I think you are an idiot who heard "nature abhors" one too many times, and it became a favorite thing for you to bark out.

AGAIN, it was a silly remark, and THAT is being nice.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

wire,

x?

need

be

free

there

ain,

he other

type

d be

em.

.highlandtechnology.com=A0 jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

LOL! Yes, designers ALWAYS make the solution using the 'hammer' they brought.

Reply to
Robert Macy

,

No, I haven't 'seen' those patterns. What is your point mentioning those patterns?

elaborate.

say something of value, that's all I asked.

Reply to
Robert Macy