Making a differential scope probe, how tough?

Hello Stanislaw,

Yep, been designing med stuff since the mid 80's. We kept it under 10uA because you have to go with the "least common denominator" between countries' regs. Reason I mentioned it is because it does help with CMRR, big time.

After a while you get a good feel which parts you can use and which companies are the most supportive in obtaining the docs for the design history file and ECO. The problem is insulated wire for magnetics since it needs to be tested and certified per running foot. Every once in a while a supplier drops away and clearing a new one requires quite some time.

As to no excuses, I go one step farther than IEC601 goes (or used to go). Even for stuff that doesn't have to be defibrillator proof I insist on designing it that way. Else I would turn down the project. Even more so after seeing how over-worked and tired physicians can be. That's when even the most robust person can make mistakes.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Didn't Elektor publish such a circuit several years ago?

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel