Magazine advice

Spring cleaning. I unearthed a box of 20 year old Radio Electronics magazines and a few others like Poptronics. Are these of interest for anyone? I'm in Montreal. It would be heavy to ship. 20, 30 pounds, easy. Otherwise they go to recycling. Unless someone has a good reason to keep twenty year old magazines full of 8Kx8 EPROMs and Commodore 64 and Apple II projects?? :)

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Does Montreal have Craig's list? Someone out there _really_ wants those magazines, even if the rest of us uncultured cretins don't care at all. I'd offer them for free for a couple of weeks, then recycle them if there's no interest.

Or see if there's a used book store that'd be interested.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim Wescott

Have you ever posted anything on the "free" section? It's a waste of time. People expect you to bend to their schedule, for free!

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now that hurt. Ouch.

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg (who never keeps old magazines. Ever.)

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I'm starting to do that too.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

I have seen too many packrats and the disaster that ensues when they get older. So once in a while I pluck some really interesting articles but then I'll go through the binder to see which older ones can be tossed. It's three binders and it never grows past that. Then there is the method of scanning it in. But even with data some due diligence is in order so that no dead wood collects.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I save my old QST's and "Flying Models" magazines, because every once in a while I like to pull them out, read them, and fantasize about having enough time to build all the projects.

But I'm about ready to dump a whole bunch of "Embedded Systems Design" magazines and other related journals because all they do is molder in my office...

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

You have any old "Circuit Cellar" ones? I'm still trying to find time to get you to sign the copy of your book I bought. Last time you were teaching that course out at the old Tek Campus but I never got out there.

Robert H.

Reply to
Robert