LTSpice LED parameters

Well, if I ever...!

Thanks! Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Recently poked at a TI SMPS controller model that's a complete clusterfuck of discontinuous IF's, behavioral G sources and as far as I can tell, very little if any modeling of actual pin characteristics.

It's ostensibly a PSPICE model, but I have a sneaking suspicion even PSPICE must have a hard time running it.

I fixed a bunch of those statements with continuous, 3f5 compatible models, but naturally it still doesn't work. Hard to say if it's because I goofed a substitution, overlooked more problem statements, or it's just altogether wrong. All seem equally likely.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

That would be the digital models... but no one's digital models are cross compatible... including Cadence's, PSpice, LTspice, HSpice....

The digital models I've written use standard Spice (Berkeley) language and work anywhere.

Analog models: I've been a user of PSpice user day one... I don't know of an analog model that isn't cross-compatible. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Confucius say, "He who uses IF statements within a simulation shall die by IF statements" >:-}

(*) Except for setting up preconditions that don't change during a simulation run. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Bad use of "IF" statements isn't a peculiarity of PSpice, it's what happens when you allow PhD's just out of school to write models >:-} ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

I agree.

Its a total lack of thought as to how a simulator solves equations.

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward