LT Spice arcs

If I select edit/draw/arc, it usually draws a circle! Or a lopsided arc. Is there a trick for drawing controllable arcs?

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation

Just do Edit-Draw-Arc

LTSpice designs a plain circle (or an ovoide) on the screen

and then click inside this fresh circle to implement a an arc.

That's how it works on my GNU/Debian station, may be different behaviour on MS-Win machines.

Habib.

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

Yep, that's how it also works in windows. John, when it starts doing the circle click on it aagin while the cursor is on the circle, then you can do the two end points. The radius has to be set before when you place the elipse (which vanishes after the 2nd click).

But arcs are not a desired thing in electronics ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I wanted to draw some nice gaussian looking pulses on my schematic here and there. I finally got it to work by clicking a lot, but I don't think I really get it. I suppose I should have just used a zillion line segments.

The HELP says, basically

ARC : use the ARC tool to draw an arc.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

For educational purposes it would be nice to be able to import graphics snippets into LTSpice. But I believe that's where the limits are and LTSpice can probably not do that (yet).

:-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg
[snip]
[snip]

PSpice can do that: Draw, Insert Picture, bmp/dib/wmf/emf

I use it mostly to make custom title blocks using my customers' company logos. They like that ;-) ...Jim Thompson

PADS can put OLE objects onto a schematic. We had one schematic that included six (tasteful) pictures of the layout guy's girlfriend. We have no idea how that happened.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Eagle can import graphics as well. It is so powerful in graphing and assembly that people have used it do design birthday banners and wedding cakes.

And then all the boys stood around the Gerber viewer all drooling :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

So can OrCad Capture but they increase the size of the files and slow Crapture to a crawl. I tried documenting filter response curves with simulator outputs but they slowed everything down too much so started drawing stick figures instead.

Reply to
krw

A Polyline function would be nice )

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

At first glance I subconsciously read "Pauline function" :-)

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

PADS had a "pull arc" function. Click on any line segment and bend it as much as you like in either direction.

The LT Spice drawing functions are primitive, but the price is right.

Precision electronic instrumentation

You get into some strange stuff! :)

Jamie

Reply to