Liquid cooling baseline testing

It's rotten. Lower heat capacity and higher viscosity.

It only gets into car and aircraft radiators to stop them freezing solid at low air temperatures.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Something like a 40/60 mix of glycerol as a corrosion inhibitor and de-ionized water might make a more long-term stable liquid cooling fluid compared to plain water and non-toxic as compared to ethylene glycol, it won't be a great anti-freeze but not relevant requirement

Reply to
bitrex

You can indium-solder to anodized aluminum. Indium is soft enough to relieve the thermal stress in many cases.

Some pals of mine made a pretty big splash a decade or so back with liquid-metal thermal interface materials (TIMs). They started out with indium-gallium alloy, but due to corrosion problems they eventually wound up with thin indium foil with a quilted pattern on it, made with a hand-powered rolling mill from India (quite appropriately). ;)

A lot of Apple and IBM servers had their TIMs in them.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

there's is "waterless coolant" from e.g. Evans

afaict the only ones that think it is a good idea is the people selling it

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

...and osmium and astatine and radium, And gold and protactinium and indium and gallium, And iodine and thorium and thulium and thallium.

Reply to
bitrex

"These are the only ones of which the news has come to Hahvahd....And there may be many others but they haven't been discavahd."

Tom Lehrer. One of the greats.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

My personal favorite, the great mathematician Lobachevsky:

Plagiarize! Let nothing evade your eyes! But please, to call it research ...

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames

We need more good comedians these days. (Is Joe Rogan any good? I've only watched his podcasts.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

ded

mm

it.

fer

h to

One of our friends in California has him around for dinner once or twice a year.

Sadly, never when we've been there ...

--
Bill sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Hanna Gadsby is good, and comes from Tasmania - she went to Smithton High School, which is even further out along the north west coast of Tasmania than Burnie, where I grew up.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman

the late Bostonian Patrice O'Neal was friends with Joe Rogan, his act is....probably not to everybody's taste but he seemed to have the rare trait of being liked by liberals and conservatives alike (was on both the Daily Show and Fox as a guest from time to time) and definitely knew how to make audiences feel uncomfortable (something all good comedians should be able to do)

Reply to
bitrex

If a joke something like "I like white women, not for the reason you'd expect but because I know if I always take one with me wherever I go and I go missing someone will always come looking for me" is one you find amusing you might like him, if not...welp

Reply to
bitrex

I've been listening to his podcasts. Good stuff. (I am part of the intellectual dark web.) George H.

Reply to
George Herold