Lighting a LED with a candle, the youtiube video

Lighting a LED with a candle, the youtube video:

I had some problems getting close focus, so had to move away a bit. The thermocouple wire is very thin and hardly visible in the picture. It was red hot.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Jan are you using just one thermocouple? If you can tolerate more resistance you could string a bunch in series. (There's all that heat going to waste :^) I'm not sure of the best way to cool all the intermediate jucntions.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Interesting. Something like the "joule thief" circuits discussed awhile back. But here is something perhaps more practical:

And another way to do it:

Paul

P E Schoen

On a sunny day (Tue, 2 Oct 2012 05:30:22 -0400) it happened "P E Schoen" wrote in :

That is a very nice site, and for sure I will experiment a bit with copper oxide.

Mechanical alternator, I guess you need a bit of voltage to pull a magnet, break a contact, strange.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje