LED flashlight modification

It's intended to be bolted into a cast aluminum fixture, that has heat sink fins, I think. I've only run it for a few seconds at a time.

I use the 1.5 watt units outdoors for stairway and garage door lighting, and they're good enough for that. They work fine at 0 degrees F, where CFs won't start. The power is so low I leave them on all the time... a timer would waste more energy. The ones I recently bought have 32 white TO 1-3/4 LEDs poking up out of the base. The energy payback time is something silly, like two months.

They don't work with a conventional dimmer.

John

On a sunny day (Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:34:21 -0800 (PST)) it happened AndyS wrote in :

I wrote my own newsreader many years ago, and do not have any of thsoe problems:

Jan Panteltje

On Dec 21, 1:50=A0am, mpm wrote: ...

"Patent it yourself" by David Pressman, Nolo Press, c2008, 13th ed. "Inventor's notebook: a 'patent it yourself' companion" by Fred Grissom & David Pressman, Nolo Press, C2008, 5th ed. "How to make patent drawings: a 'patent it yourself companion'" by Jack Lo and David Pressman, Nolo Press, C 2007, 5th ed..

Each a wealth of information and the price of all of them will provide you far far more than you would get from 15 minutes of a competent patent attorney's time.

Reply to
bill

Andy comments:

Yeah,.. Well, you're a lot brighter than me....

I use Google because I can access it from any computer terminal on the planet, and it always works the same way, and I don't have to take along any special newsreader to use it.....

And it's free.

And I don't have to know squat about newsreaders to use it ....

And..... And...... And I got nothin' else.....

... So, how do you like my flashlight modification ??????

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Eureka, where the circular firing squad was invented, but has only been used twice.... for unknown technical reasons....

Reply to
AndyS

On a sunny day (Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:23:38 -0800 (PST)) it happened AndyS wrote in :

Most people have a notbook or perhaps a netbook thse days.

So is mine.

Well, there ARE posters that obviously do not, and look like they do not want to know. They know who they ar, well I hope so for them anyay:-)

Well OK, but I would not grant a patent on it due to 'obvious'.

Nobody left to investigate the problem...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

AndyS wrote:

If both of you would NOT click on the *Reply* link that is in plain sight (stupid Google code scribblers) but would click on *More options* then Ctrl+click the *Reply* link **there**, you'd get a MUCH more usable mechanism.

AKA, use what existed before they "improved" it years ago.

Reply to
JeffM