LC oscillator sensitivity analysis

There is a very good LCR meter from a Taiwanese source, that appears to have been the real manufacturer of the prior generation of a product from IET Labs, the inheritor of the General Radio line of instruments. Der EE DE-5000 is the OEM version of the discontinued IET Labs DE-5000. The IET Labs manual for the Der EE version is identical. The design originated with GR. I personally own a DE-5000, bought here:

.

Warning: Early models were vulnerable to mistakenly installing the

9-volt battery backwards.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

The manual looks great. The only thing it does not include is an estimate of battery life. Do you have any info on that from your personal experience?

The down side of this instrument is that 4 screws need to be removed to replace the battery, but if the battery lasts for a long time (several months) it might not be so bad.

Thanks, Joe.

Reply to
John S

Borrowed one of these once, from A&H, as their office is forty minutes from Campus. Also got a factory tour...

Steve

Reply to
sroberts6328

Great! Send it to me. I'll pay the shipping charges.

Reply to
John S

Welcome.

I don't know the battery life, but I have not yet had to replace it.

Replacing the battery is pretty fast.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn