Lane-signaling system for ice(race)skaters !

Hello,

I feel the dutch have been robbed of a golden medal by a missing signalling system at vancouver olympics (ice (competition/race) skating) ! ;) :)

So I propose some kind of signalling system to indicate to the skaters in what lane they are supposed to skate ! Like so:

Each skater's first letter of front name and last name is taken for example:

SF = Skybuck Flying BG = Bill Gates

And then the signalling system displays it on led-screens like so:

Then supposed I am ahead and need to change to outer lane it will look like: | = lanes X = crossing section letters = displays. ^ = skaters direction (just to clearify the drawings)

Then later when BG arrives at the crossing it will look like:

So BG is on the right side and sees/knows it must now go to left side. SF is already on the right side, or changing too.

Additionally arrows could be used to make it perfectly clear:

If both need to change:

| | -> SF BG

Reply to
Skybuck Flying