Jeff Leiberman Won't Be Working There...(radio quiet zone)

Unless they hire him to detect rogue walkie talkies or something. Like 123 people ? Not much of a market anyway.

But now, do these people not even have electricity ? The rectifiers in an S MPS can create some high harmonics, which should be eliminated by the line filter but in practice not always.

Also, federal law requires 911 emergency service everywhere. So what is the solution ? Give them all DSL with shielded phone lines and they use someth ing like a Magicjack for a phone ?

Or maybe the people around there don't want any of this newfangled shit. Li ke "If I want to talk to my neighbor I just take my horse and buggy and go down there and knock on his door". Hmmm "What if you want to talk to someon e in New York ?", "Why the f*ck would I want to talk to anyone in New York ?".

Reply to
jurb6006

That's where RF engineers go on vacation, to get away from all the RF.

There are broadcasters, emergency radio services, and even CB operators: It's not really the black hole of RF, but rather more like radio operations are expected to be coordinated with the NRAO (National Radio Astronomy Observatory. Cellular service is effectively banned within a few miles of the observatory, but DAS (distributed antenna system) are allowed in some areas. Diesel engines are allowed, but not engines with spark plugs: I'm told that stealth microwave ovens are the big enforcement problem.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature

That would be a good place for Amish people. A win-win for both the Amish people as well as the observatory.

Reply to
upsidedown

Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

Most of them already left Ohio. The Ohio government has no clue about the Constitution, in fact F. Lee Bailey refuses to practice law here.

We called it "Behind the buckeye curtain" but so many states have unconstitutional laws now the saying is pretty much obsolete.

People no longer say "It's a free country" anywhere around here.

Reply to
jurb6006

Cool.

Reply to