Is easy-solder resistance wire an oxymoron?

Title says it all: I'm thinking of making a snubber network with a cap and a low turn-count coil that's hard up against a ground plane, so I get series R, parallel R, and a bit of inductance all in one go.

But it's a no-go if it can't be made from easily found wire and just soldered down in production.

Suggestions?

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Constantan solders easily - IIRC about 30 x resistivity of Cu.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

If you don't care much about the tempco, just use brass wire. It's pretty high resistivity and easily available.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

This is a good suggestion.. for small quantities, just strip some type T or J or E thermocouple wire.. AWG20 solid is quite common. The Constantan is the red (negative) wire with US color codes.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

get

Phosphur Bronze has about 7x the resistivity of copper. You can also solder stainless with some 'nasty' fluxes. All kinda 'springy' though.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Manganin solders pretty well and has a very low tempco.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Was that your mother's excuse for you?

Michael A. Terrell

get=20

In some lab cases i brazed the ends of nichrome wire to make solderable tips. Not recommended for production.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk