Is a USB to GPIB dongle/convertor a difficult project ?

Still, no parallel interface at that time could have run the length of a steel mill with any speed.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

With that big motor it may well have been drum instead of disk. The largest disks that i have heard of were 24 inches. Doesn't mean that there weren't larger.

Reply to
JosephKK

True. I just wanted to say that they did it serially and it worked.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

There were drums with that capacity, but this was a custom designed disk drive built by Westinghouse and sold to a couple dozen heavy industry customers, worldwide. A friend of mine was an ET at that mill and helped dismantle it, after it was decommissioned. One of the biggest problems was the horrible seek times. They got the new computer system on line. just in time, because the disk crashed during the changeover.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida