induction motor and calculations

I am trying to learn and learn the basics of induction motors. So far I have learned that there are single phase, three phase etc. Also, a lot has to do with load and power. Just what exactly does load mean and how do I calculate total power if I have 3 motors with 2hp, 20hp AND 10hp respectively?

Thanks, GN

Reply to
genenamg

I am trying to learn and learn the basics of induction motors. So far I have learned that there are single phase, three phase etc. Also, a lot has to do with load and power. Just what exactly does load mean and how do I calculate total power if I have 3 motors with 2hp, 20hp AND 10hp respectively?

Thanks, GN

Reply to
genenamg

rote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

Latex pants???

**Kirk Johnson** **"Stretching It Wide Since '75"**
***se/goatse_03.jpg
Reply to
Kirk Johnson

Well power is revolutions times torque. A single pahse cannot deliver constant torque, whereas a threephase can. The rest are details.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Do you mean that you're too lazy, or too incompetent, to do a google search?

Good Luck! Rich

--
BTW, I don\'t like googlegroupies - they\'re usually lamers who want to
cheat on their homework.

Quite simple. The motor is rated to work at a certain maximum load which is the maximum work you can get out of it.

The motors you have will not necessarily be working at their power ratings as this depends on the load in consideration.

Accurate way of getting your total power is measuring the Voltage and current when motor is working then in the case of 1 Phase

Power (HP) = V x I x %Eff x Power factor / 746

in the case of 3 Phase

Power (HP) = V x I x %Eff x Power factor x square root of 3 / 746

The efficiency and power factor are normally written on the data tag of the electric motor.

Reply to
Trish