If I touch a +12V DC line that can supply up to 6 Amps, will I die? Or just get really hurt?

It is current that matters, _but_ you have to understand that a supply 'capable' of delivering 6A, won't deliver 6A, unless the load is a low enough resistance to draw this. If you took the supply, and attached a 12v

1A light bulb, only 1A would flow, despite the 'capability' of the supply. 12v, can just about cause enough current to flow through the human body, to be dangerous, in the specific case, of a couple of electrodes, either penetrating the skin, or using conductive gel, diagonally placed, one each side of the heart. The 'body model' for this case, is typically about 500R.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

Oh boy...

sci.electronic.design = scientific electronic design list...

No, you'll don't die, but as you're asking, if you've dimensioned the cross section of the wire, definitely you're burn your fingers...

Vasile

Reply to
vasile

Did he at least buy you dinner afterwards, or are you a cheap date?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida