Identify Wire

On Sun, 18 Oct 2015 21:23:47 -0400, krw Gave us:

Retards who do not know how to turn off their tools get dead batteries to match their dead brain functions.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

The inexpensive Chinese digital calipers can only be turned off by removing the battery. The on off switch only turns off the display.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Meh, those won't last a lifetime. Just got some nice old twisty ones.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 04:09:12 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@krl.org" Gave us:

Wrong. I have a pair year with the battery lasting more than a year now, and my pair from San Diego even longer, and one came from harbor freight and the other from Radio Shack, and the one at Home Depot is probably just as good.

If the soft off button on a Starret works, what makes you think the soft off button on these still burns juice so terribly?

The soft off button on a handheld calculator has worked right for decades.

I think you dorks are making shit up... AGAIN.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 05:11:49 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

Twisty? So like you using a pair of flush cutters to cut staples and get all buggered up, I guess you use calipers as mini wonder-bars to pry things with.

Your brain is bent.

And for the price, they do not need to "last a lifetime", just like a $20 watch does not. When it breaks, you throw it into your bomb timer parts box, and go get a new one.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Den mandag den 19. oktober 2015 kl. 16.28.50 UTC+2 skrev DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno:

The have to be on all the time to keep track of where they are

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

They're never truly off, AlwaysWrong. The batteries on a good caliper last a year. You're lucky if the HF caliper batteries last six months.

Reply to
krw

No, you're AlwaysWrong. ALWAYS. You can't think.

Reply to
krw

For around the home and home shop use, dial calipers are more useful than a micrometer. I abuse mine, using them to scribe lines for a cut or a bend. The price is right for making them do things they were not designed to do. I've had my cheap HF calipers for over 10 years, that $1 a year not including shipping. If they go on sale I'll by more, if they don't, I'll by more when I need them.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I just made a post, about my cost being $1 a year, now you say I could drop it to $0.50 a year! This is the second time I've seen a reference to Aldie's. Don't have them here, What is it? Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I would not argue this is not true. Mine seems to run the battery down when in the case even when not used. I thought it was flopping about pushing the on button when I handled the case, so I added a block of Styrofoam to keep that from happening. Not sure it helps.

--

Rick
Reply to

your brain is very damaged

Reply to
tabbypurr

Aldi is a German supermarket chain that greatly undercuts the native compet ition. They also have a lot of diy tool deals, which are sometimes good val ue.

r. Hopefully the new one will also last.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Think what you want to believe. But if you are really as intelligent you could figure out a simple test that would show what the truth is.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 08:26:53 -0700 (PDT), Lasse Langwadt Christensen Gave us: snip

A caliper does not have to know where it is, and they have zero buttons one presses when they are AT zero. Sheesh.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Den mandag den 19. oktober 2015 kl. 22.55.39 UTC+2 skrev DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno:

but they all do

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 12:25:15 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

Come back when your mental age has at least doubled form its current

11 year old status.
Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:59:18 -0700 (PDT), Lasse Langwadt Christensen Gave us:

Well if "they all do" then why is everyone pissing and moaning about the Chinese models?

Which even the name brand models likely are, BTW.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Which is why with mine the cell is out in the storage case until use.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Well that goes with out saying!