I'm sticking with my nice, safe EV!

I wonder if the propane tank in the back seat was hooked to a grill. A creative person would figure out how to make food on the go.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Or a generator. I was thinking about propane generator to charge my EV on the go. Of course, I won't be stupid enough to smoke inside.

Reply to
Eddy Lee

You might try actually reading your link:

"How could a cigarette cause so much destruction while sitting in a driveway? A propane tank was being stored in the back seat with the windows rolled up."

Are you saying that EVs are immune from leaking propane cylinders and lit cigarettes? If so I DON'T want to ride in your EV!

Reply to
Flyguy

Sewage Sweeper might try to understand the link. Propane and heavier hydrocarbons burn in air - all it takes is an ignition source to get them burning.

Despite Sewage Sweeper senile delusions, electric vehicle batteries are less likely to release their stored energy unexpectedly, and any respectable battery monitoring system will give you plenty of advance warning. The likes of Sewage Sweeper wouldn't get the message and would ignore it, but that's the way you win a Darwin Award.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

If I were you, I'd keep a club hammer handy inside your "nice, safe EV" so you can smash a window and climb out when it burst into flames and locks you inside. That's assuming you're not disabled and *can* safely egress through a window in time, of course. Many older people aside from the disabled can't and of course, neither can the obese. EVs are not a bad choice for fit, young and slim escape artists with quick reactions, though.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Why would it "burst into flames" or "lock you inside"?

Any sensible battery monitoring system will be monitoring the core temperature of the battery and is has to get to about 125C before it can go into thermal runaway if there's nickel in the electrode mix, about 160C if there is isn't. This is way higher than the normal operating temperature of the battery, and you will get a lot of warning before it gets anywhere near that.

The car will be able to stop people opening the doors from outside, and there may be child locks on the rear doors to stop children (and people far gone in senile dementia. like Cursitor Doom and Flyguy) getting out, but locking the front doors so you can't open them from inside would be insane.

Or would need to.

So you would design the car so that they could always get out, at least from the front.

Cursitor Doom ideas on the subject are an interesting examples of the kind of lunacy right-wing nitwits can waste their time trotting out, but they really should be confined to textbooks on lunacy.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

"Burst" is often more like "explodes." The good news is that the passengers will die quickly.

Yeah, you can accelerate at 0.5g and decelerate at 0.5g every block. Female passengers won't like that, but who needs females?

Indeed. Hence the need for quick reactions! I was trying not to alarm EV owners with stock in Tesla, like "Ricky" (or whatever he's calling himself at the moment). People who've bought stock in EV companies are obviously going to praise their products from the rooftops. The truth is, however, that only the very ignorant and the educationally sub-normal would buy an EV until the technology (and the operating systems!) have been refined to the point where one doesn't need the lives of a cat to feel safe in one. And then there's the elephant in the room: what to do with the expired batteries.....

Thoughtful of you to post a link which "Ricky" will no doubt find useful. ;->

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Just trying to be helpful.

So much ignorance in such a short post.

I hope you are never in an accident where the doors won't open. It is truly terrifying. But, you have no real understanding of what it's like. So, you imagine something that is totally disconnected from reality.

Reply to
Ricky

I need a AI girlfriend. My wife has battered me. [1]

[1] She baked us a Guinnness Cake, and I cleaned up, and I got black goo on my arm.

Gotta make the icing now.

"Gunshot mods" are very popular with the young people in my area:

I'm going to design an ICE engine tune mod such that every time you tap the brakes it sounds like an AK-47 firing full-auto for about 30 seconds, at 120 dB inside the cabin.

Then there will be an added special feature such that every time you hit the gas pedal the exhaust makes really wet fart noises, like the car has a serious case of diarrhea.

The car's sound system will be modified to add bathroom-like grunts and groans like "Unnnnnngggggghhhhhh oh god..<PLOP>" to add to the awesome effect.

Reply to
bitrex