I fixed my major problem with the LM393

Thanks to some rejigging of the breadboard and some further reading on this newsgroup I was able to make the circuit work.

My only problem now is that the input voltages I'm expecting are in the 4.6 to 4.9 volt range. I'll have to tinker with a way to reduce these by 1/2. Once I have that solved the circuit is done.

I have been told to use a voltage divider. I'll work on this and either locate something that will handle this for me or I'll trial and error till I get it done.

Thanks to all for their patience.

Reply to
Bob