I don't know how I happened onto this, but...

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

No, its just when in NY or Cleveland I want a UPBEAT SONG AND DANCE for my money. Something like Hello Dolly, S.O.M. A Chorus Line, etc.

Just had a backstage tour of Young Frankenstein, Just Before it closed, courtesy of a Engineer friend who was passing through Ohio on his way to and from Manhatten. His wife's cousin was the stage manager.

I have one of the big advertising cards from outside the theatre, signed. Only 25 years before it will be good for Antiques Roadshow... :-)

When I was in high school and junior high, Dad dragged us to NYC for two weeks most summers, and there is this place called TKTS, they buy blocks of tickets, and at that time resold them for 1/2 price plus a dollar. TKTS at Broadway and 47th is still there, but the one in 1 WTC is not. So I've seen about 25 shows on Broadway.

We stayed in the only campground within 25 miles of Manhatten, by a huge train yard in North Bergan, Jersey. We took a bus in, then walked all day from 8 AM, getting back at 12 PM.

Best ride in town is still the Staten Island Ferry, which at least always had clean restrooms.

But if I want to see Victor Hugo, I'll do without the music.

Oh and JIM, if you like the Organ in Phantom, get the London set, it doesn't have the heavy DSP processing, breath noises and 8 bit editing.

Steve

Reply to
osr

torture

thing.

When you find your self in San Diego on a Sunday, do you try to visit the Spreckles organ (often still played about 2 PM) in Balboa Park? .

Reply to
JosephKK