How does this RF Trafficgauge work??

So I saw this at trafficgauge.com that wirelessly updates traffic conditions of the freeway. Im assuming its RF, but where is it being broadcast from? Do the freeway sensors themselves output the data or does is there some huge broadcasting tower pumping the info out to everyone???

Reply to
benn686

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (known to some as snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) scribed...

As near as I can tell, from investigating similar products detailed at these links...

...My guess is that they're taking the traffic data from the local DOT's web site or Internet-connected server, and sending it out via the cellular network and/or standard 802.11-compliant wireless access points.

Most states do have numerous traffic sensors, and often CCTV cameras, installed at intervals along major freeways. The data, in WSDOT's case, is fed to, and distributed from, a central dispatch-and- control center located north of Seattle.

Keep the peace(es).

--
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)