How can I silence a Samsonite travel alarm clock?

How can I silence a Samsonite travel alarm clock?

My wife has a travel alarm clock bearing the Samsonite name. Sorry, but I can't find a model number on it. It's a fine clock, but with one big problem -- when she wants to check the time at night by pressing "LIGHT", a fairly loud beep is emitted. Is there any way to deactivate this beep? It's driving me crazy.

Reply to
cawatk

Duct tape.

John

Bell jar and a vacuum pump (several options, like what goes in it?) or side cutters or silicon RTV in the hole where the sound comes from

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

But, since they need a transducer for the actual alarm function, isn't it possible that the same one is used for the "beep" and the alarm, and if you do much to kill the "beep" you lose the alarm sound in the morning.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

That was not specified, possibly inferred

Maybe a candle in a candle holder, with a incandescent lighting implement, would ensure a silent perusal of the chronosphere

or another alaurm clock or switch on the beside table lamp

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

How would you see the clock face?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

A .357 Magnum should work fairly well.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

No, no, no...he means to tie the wife up with duct tape so she doesn't get the urge to check the time after they have finished sex. ; ^ D

Reply to
maxfoo

John Lark>>Duct tape.

mart>How would you see the clock face?

The duct tape doesn't affect your eyesight at all, silly, You put it over your ears--not your eyes. 8-)

I was thinking **foam tape**. Maybe multiple layers. My first thought was the same as Black's: This will make the *alarm* quite useless.

If the bezel can be removed easily, maybe phosphorescent paint. Ah for the days of Radium dials and hands.

...and as you suggested in another post: external lighting

--say, a keychain flashlight or LED fob.

Reply to
JeffM

AND a hammer ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Caver's wrist sundials have completely eliminated any need for clock faces.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

But what if he's from some liberal state that doesn't allow handguns?

Reply to
maxfoo

Use aversion therapy. Every time she wakes you up in the middle of the night with her beeping clock, give her a hump.

This might or might not solve the problem, but at least you'll be getting laid. ;-)

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich, but drunk

No need to worry. If they have already banned guns, alarm clocks can't be far behind.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

OK, this is a sure fire cure. Get rid of the Samsonite from besides the bed. Makes a lousy clock anyhow. Get a real clock, like a Westclox, $9.99 at Target. It is lit all the time. You could give it to her as an anniversary present.

Tam

Reply to
Tam/WB2TT

replace the light button with one that has aditional contacts that disconnect, or short-circuit, the speaker when you press it.

On the down side, doing this is likely to void any warranty and make the clock ugly so your wife may not wish to use it anymore

getting a small flashlight for the nightstand may work better.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

probably mentioned in later posts, but a hammer.

me

I was thinking something a little less severe, like a claw hammer or the like. If it gets too tuff, then try a sledge hammer.

Reply to
The Real Andy

.... being in the posession of timing devices and batteries is part of new "anti terror" legislation round 'ere (DK ;-)!

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

"anti

Just wait till they ban TEA in England. Then Eeyore will really have something to whine about!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida