Home Theater Systems and Cable Dressing

EMC issues become more and more important these days, according to my understanding. For Home Theater System DVD Players I would like to know whether cable dressing after sercice should follow strict procedures or not.

Reply to
Myauk

Crank up the gain and if you hear too much noise on the softest sound from a DVD (if you really need to hear it) then you have a problem.

Cable dressing after service??....wtf..That's some new audio jargon for me. You know all the fat is from the cable dressing not from the bowl of cables... :P

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

It sounds like he's looking for one of those fetish newsgroups.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Your cables should be IMMEDIATELY replaced by four-point barbed wire!

See

for detailed instructions.

--
Many thanks,

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Knots in the barb wire are bad for sound.. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Well, that's a start but you left out the most important steps: the barb wire has to be soak in a fresh citric acid bath made from Florida oranges. They have to be picked between 7:10 AM and 9:00 AM, and only from the northern edge of the grove. The acid has to be extracted, then heated to 142 degrees F by 10:15 at the latest. Then the wire has to soak for exactly 27 seconds in a vat that holds 42 gals of acid, per pound of treated wire. This micropickels the surface to remove the surface slag, which chokes the low end. NEVER reuse the acid for a second batch of wire.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Don't forget to compensate for the phase of the Moon. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise