Help with NE5532!!

Hi people,

I make a DAC board using a DSD1796 and some 3 ICs NE5532 which be connected following the reference schematic in the datasheet. when it worked, ICs NE5532 became hot. Input voltage + -12V come from PC power supply. If the input voltage is + - 5V, It is not hot. But the output results become cut top. Can any one show me the reason why?

I am hearing from you soon.

Him Lam

Reply to
Himlam8484
** High altitude Groper Alert !

** So, the temp rise of the case is how many degrees C ?????
** My hope too.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

No wonder, it can be calculated from the datasheet. Supply current for the 5532 is around 8mA. Output current is at 0 : 2mA across the 820R feedback resistor + 8.4mA into the 200R load resistor, Makes

24*8 + 12*10.4*2 =442mW. In a DIP8 you have 182K/W ja thermal resistance, which increases the junction temperature by 80K. Additionally the O/P current gets limited to lower values at higher temp, min is 10mA only, whereas we need 20.8mA. If you would have taken the 5534 as specified in the app. schematic, you would have only 35K temperature rise and more current available. Additionally your noise gets almost halved. You will also need at least +/- 9V supply, to allow a worst case of 5V headroom for that much current. You can try to attach some heat sink to the opamps, but that needs space and cost.
--
ciao Ban
Apricale, Italy

Hi people,

Thank you for supporting. I will try to change something with this circuit, and hope that it will be better.

Thank every one, If people get any new idea about it, Please show me.

Him Lam

Reply to
Himlam8484

Hi you,

My ICs increase about 70-80 degrees C, do you have any idea, can you show mw ir.

Him Lam

Reply to
Himlam8484