HELP PLESE!!!

E1 - I1R1 - I1R2 - E2 + I2R2 = 0

E2 - I2R2 - I2R3 - I2R4 + I1R2 = 0

Reply to
freakingout

I bet that it's due tomorrow. You know what E2 is; so, plug that into the first equation and collect terms.

Tam

Reply to
Tam/WB2TT

What is the question?

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

EIEIO

Reply to
John - KD5YI

Read or re-read the sections on Ohm's law, nodal and mesh analysis.

Hint: matrix operations and gauss-jordan elimination will eliminate a lot of the messy algebra. It should also be possible to write the matrix equations from circuit inspection.

Reply to
Noway2

I notice several common terms. Try Eliminating E2 in eq'n 1 ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

wow, need help for that? wait until your course gets difficult :)

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Oh come on, you're not even TRYING to intimidate him! :)

Tim

Tim Williams

Not at all ;)

Honestly, though, I wish I had understood matrix operations when I took circuits classes as it would have simplified things greatly. If I had, I could have probably walked away with an A or B instead of a passing C. It isn't that I didn't understand the circuit theory, there was so much damned algebra in the test questions that it took forever to crank through it otherwise.

Reply to
Noway2

matrix reduction doesn't reduce the amount of arithmetic needed, it only translates the problem into a more abstract form.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts