Help me choose between two different XOR units.

I will be controlling the inputs of these XORs directly from a PIC output, both PIC and Logic powerd from the same regulated +5V. I have two choices:

ST's Single XOR 74V1G86STR in a SOT23-5L

OR

Fairchilds Tinylogic UHS Single XOR NC7SZ86M5X in a SOT23-5L

They are both astonishingly similar: both have a VIH minimum of .7 @ 5V both have a VIL maximum of .3 @ 5V

The Tinylogic can provide up to -+ 24mA at output The ST can provide a minimum of 8 mA at output

The XOR's output is directly connected to the two Reset pins on a 556. Hence when the XOR goes high, the 556 begins oscillating. When the XOR output goes low, the 556 goes back down to outputting 0V.

Reply to
Mr. J D

Answer #1: either XOR will work.

Answer #2: why dont you just do the xor in the software?

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

--
Either will work.
Reply to

PIC is pre-programmed, I do not have acess to PIC programming hardware.

Reply to
Mr. J D