GPIB: 24-pin Centronix connectors?

Oops; I overstated. The end device should be PRESENT if the termination is to be correct, but the UDMA document I was thinking of (ATA-ATAPI 5 rev. 3) only requires the master at the end in section 5.2.13.2 saying "For ... all 80-conductor cable assemblies... device 0 shall be at the opposite end of the cable from the host" and this relates not to the termination condition but to the cable-select feature.

The termination of master and slave (device 0 and device 1) is not different in the electrical sense.

Reply to
whit3rd

the plugs are not straight-through plugs. most of the pins are but each colour of plug has a few of the pins tricked (eg:open or gounded) in a different way.

discussion of reducing noise by wiring ribbon cable signal,ground,signal,ground,signal,ground

Reply to
Jasen Betts

more made uo shit! go away.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Thanks!

my appologies to all for attempting intelligent discussion with Archimede's Lever who (like his hypothetical namesake) is apparently thicker than two short planks.

Jasen Betts

You're a goddamned LIAR!

A discussion about your lack of knowledge thereof.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Complete crap. I have made 40 conductor IDE cables with straight cables and standard ide connectors.

Picky picky picky. Worse, you have been around here long enough to know better.

Reply to
JosephKK

no, it's true.

yeah 40 conductor cables are wired straight-through (optionally with the cable-select pin extracted or conductor cut on one of the plugs.)

and the 80 conductor cables used in PCs have tricked up plugs so that some pins they aren't wired straight-through, and because of this they can be detected by measuring logic level on the pins.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

No cut wires, twists or any other crap, just 40 pins straight through.

Lost interest in the cables long enough ago that i have not DPA 'd an

80 pin cable. Maybe i will do that some day, just to find out for sure.
Reply to
JosephKK