Goldbach's conjecture is true for 2n where n is a multiple of 6

If you use this graph of Goldbach pair subsets, where the pairs p1 and p2 are equidistant from p1+p2, with n-p1 equal to a prime number then that subset of Goldbach pairs shows more structure in distribution of prime pairs that follow that pattern:

From that symmetric, periodic structure it should be possible to derive a sieve rule that can prove that the peaks at 6n multiples have y axis values that are greater than 2 for n greater than 6. If that was proven then it would show there are always examples of two primes that sum to multiples of 6.

The main thing is the graph is periodic with a symmetric definition of prime pairs so should be possible to prove with sieve rules I think.

I am not trying to directly prove Goldbach for 6n multiples, I am trying to prove that 6n multiples have at least 2 primes p1 and p2 that are equidistant from the 6n multiple, and also the distance is a prime number.

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

I meant to say equidistant from (p1+p2)/2

with n-p1 equal to a prime number then

Reply to
Jamie M

And, of course, the most infuriating form of such a proof would be one that proved it, but neither hinted at the values of the counter- examples, not at how many there actually were.

:)

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

At least in the first 5k evens the average number of of prime partitions of N is around .0053 of N.

Yet we have numbers like 9976 that have only 3 distinct solutions -- i.e. .00030 of N.

Reply to
R Kym Horsell

ers

of

Can't stand Stephen Baxter. All science fiction authors (except possibly Ha l Clement) bend the laws of physics, but Stephen Baxter bends them quite a bit more than I can put up with. Getting a "that does not compute" reaction every couple of pages is excessively distracting.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

If you have a provable lwb of course you have something. So I'm suspecting there isn't one and the ratio of num of distinct solutions over N can dip arbitrarily lower than .02.

Reply to
R Kym Horsell

So it's okay to have science fiction novels where faster-than-light travel,time travel, and alien civilizations are routine, but Stephen Baxter is just bending the laws of physics too much. Okay...

Reply to
bitrex

I think 6n multiples should be much more consistent!

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

There isn't a proved lower bound of course. I'm talking about the lack of outliers in the computed values.

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin

If you plot the number of solutions by N you get a very broad looking distribution of values with an interesting bifurfaction:

It would seems sa N->inf the lwb diverges arbitrarily from any trend line that (say) runs from the origin to (on this plot) (1e6,1300).

Upto 1e6 the "hardest" N seems to be 991316 with

7808 distinct solutions or ~0.788% of N.

I'm fairly sure looking up to 1 bn even "more unique" points will be found.

Reply to
R Kym Horsell

"You don't have permission to access /graphs/zzz.gif on this server."

but presumably it is Goldbach's Comet. The bands in it are easily explained:

I believe that fairly close lower bounds (to the calculated values) have been found.

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin

Ooh which novels? Sounds like fun reading...

Maybe I'll search at the library.

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Usually it's the machine in the outer layer of the onion that stops IP's in blacklists.

Usually Goldback's function upto 1000 to so is seen as such. But upto 1 mn it's more like a fuzzy triangle with a slight discoloration below the top ~1/3.

I thought you agreed that would essentially be a proof of the conjecture so was not likely to exist?

And when you say Golbach's function didn't diverge more than 10% from its "trend", were you then talking about some lower bound rather than the overall trend?

Reply to
R Kym Horsell

I get the same result from machines at home, at Edinburgh University, and at the W3C, so I think you have an error in your blacklist checking.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The web page I mentioned shows it up to a million.

A proven lower bound to the number of pairs would be a proof. What people have found is various functions that are lower bounds to the so-far calculated numbers.

Yes, something like the values for 2p, p prime, which lie along the bottom.

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin

I believe it's in the anthology "Vacuum Diagrams", and I think the story is in fact titled "Planck Zero."

Reply to
bitrex

I thought the normal heuristic is to look at the histograms, pray that the biggest peak is roughly Gaussian on the side towards 0, note that there is no obvious lower bound, and calculate the probability of an even number with g(2n)

Reply to
R Kym Horsell

bitrex

"Your IP addr or domain name appears in a blacklist."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e . u k Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU, Scotland mobile 07800 739 557 Twitter: JackCampin

Reply to
Jack Campin

Does it pay to advertise that?

Reply to
R Kym Horsell

Only if you send me a cheque for letting you know that your website is f***ed up. I can't be bothered doing any more diagnostics for you for free.