Fuel injector question.

We have a R&D project at work and I will be conducting some test on existing fuel injectors used in automobiles to inject and atomized a chemical into other mixes.

The process is basically painless how ever, I would like to maybe add a little added benefit to the control process of the injector valve being fully opened etc..

One of the items in the design of this is to do a saturation test on the coil so that base line frequency can be auto selected and this will be done with current sense in line with the injector coil and then we'll add the required time there after for the mass flow of fluids to be metered.

Whilst thinking about this, I was wondering if the saturation curve in the coil would show an effect as the valve mechanism moved to the fully opening position and if I would actually see a disruption in the current that could be measured? This would be a nice benefit to know when the valve actually mechanically opened?

I guess I could test for this but I was just wondering if any one here would know this first hand?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

"Jamie" wrote in message news:mzDyq.37617$v snipped-for-privacy@newsfe21.iad...

Check with the guy's over at DIYEFI.org, and look at the megasquirt system. DIYEFI has a mailing list, someone will be glad to help out.

There's a pull-in current then a holding current. And yes, you would see the saturation as the valve is fully unseated.

Martin Riddle