For audophiles

In this configuration, the low power amplifier(s) need to be full voltage swing versions, but only low current capable.

The question is, is the low power amplifier input taken from the correct point. IMHO, it should be taken between the actual output voltage of the big dumb booster and the preferred output voltage.

Reply to
upsidedown

On a sunny day (Wed, 23 Oct 2019 19:48:33 +0300) it happened snipped-for-privacy@downunder.com wrote in :

Sometimes I sleep with wax earplugs in, no problem listening to my own blood flow / breath / snoring ;-) Although I live in a small village, activity never stops here at night it seems. In the toilet you hear the air sucking fan, big fan in the attic that I always leave at the lowest speed, 'cept after taking a shower as just now.

Silence? I my younger days I lived above a bar, and 20 years ago across from one..... Working in shifts... No problem, even fun. One street away from here is a football field and often at Saturday night some band plays there at the new community center.. to deep in the night,

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Nah, I think it's taken from the right place. Lower amps job is to amplify and invert distortion. If the upper amp were "perfect" the voltage at the inverting input would be exactly 0 always, same as the other input which is at ground. Any signal that does appear there implies that the upper amp is not behaving like a perfect amplifier, that is to say it's distortion.

Reply to
bitrex

PS forgot the mil airport Leeuwarden just a few miles from here, sometimes you can hear them all day long, once a heli flew over so low it sucked the tiles of the roof. F35 was here too, and more are ordered.

2 fighters fell out of the sky already since I live here -)

Raining? No planes... Oh and even normal rain will bring the noise level up to way above audiophile panic threshold.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje