Eternal Electricity

I'm sure you prefer this sort of behavior in lefty paradise.

krw

So they say. Some countries, many european ones, define infant mortality as babies who die only after some time.

$20 a month average is doing just fine?

Cuba is free to trade with the rest of the world, which is pretty big. But they don't have a lot to trade.

lunatic fringe electronics

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Remember the 3 laws of thermodynamics: 1) you cannot win, 2) you cannot break even, and 3) you lose.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Actually one form of muon catalysed fusion reaction will proceed under more reasonable conditions but the problem is in generating the muons. It was a paper relating to this alternative cold fusion trick that caused Fleischmann & Pons to publish in haste and repent at leisure.

and at close to cryogenic temperatures too

I can't find much that isn't behind a paywall. Wiki has a bit about it.

I had in mind the modern pulsed current quackery presently being sold to the gullible and credulous under the LENR banner today.

F&P was an honest experimental mistake. Or if it was genuine required fluke conditions which have never arisen since despite everyone and their dog with access to palladium and heavy water having tried it!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Yes you /can/ win - start your own religion, and define perpetual motion machines as holy. Then you can sell them, and tell people that it will only work when they have reached a certain secret level within your church. As they donate more money to be initiated into new inner circles, you sell them a marginally less inefficient machine that runs longer, thus keeping the circle going indefinitely.

And it's all tax-free, and any complaints are unconstitutional because they limit your freedom of religion!

Reply to
David Brown

No.

In theory if everything was perfect it could power itself, but not produce anything useful.

In practice there are losses, so it will not work at all.

Machines powering themselves and maybe even being able to deliver energy have been fascinating people for hundreds of years, but none of them ever worked. The reason is it contradicts the law of conservation of energy.

Stefan

Reply to
Stefan Heimers

But think of the congregation that you'd have to deal with. The mind boggles.

lunatic fringe electronics

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

There is plenty of free energy for the taking, left over from the miraculous creation of the universe, available until things run down. That should be enough to satisfy anybody.

lunatic fringe electronics

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Set it up as a pyramid scheme. You only need to deal with a few high priests, who pass on your message and handle sales on down to the next level. After you've got it going, you never have to deal with the unwashed masses again - you will be talking to people who are by now perfectly aware that they have been duped, but they are too embarrassed to admit it - and anyway, they are making plenty of profit off the layers further down.

If you think this all sounds like a cult or modern religion you have heard about, you are probably right - it is fundamentally the basis for many of them (the exceptions being when the founder is completely delusional and actually believes his own nonsense). The details of what you are selling varies - it might be "healing crystals", "tickets to heaven", "cures for your personality disorders", or whatever. But the principle is the same.

Reply to
David Brown

Its shocking how litle knowledge many have. The circle will turn though. Po or countries value knowledge because it leads to successes which solves a l ot of painful life problems. Once a country gets fat & complacement people mostly become interested in vacuous entertainment. Bread & circuses.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

No, I don't want to compete with you.

Reply to
John S

Obviously the city needs to put porta-potties around the area.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Don't worry about me, just do what comes naturally for you, bitchy.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

We had fancy public toilets once, but people kept using them for sex and to shoot up and to sleep in; they are gone.

SF spends about $170 million a year on homeless sevices. Over 6000 homeless have been provided "supportive housing", and the number on the streets keeps increasing. The money mostly goes to "providers", an army of consultants, NGOs, lawyers, city employees, ambulance services, and such. The homeless are to the providers what cows are to the beef industry.

Naturally, the more we spend on the homeless, the more homeless we get. Just watch where you step when you walk downtown. Out in the neighborhoods, like where I live, the problem is not visible.

lunatic fringe electronics

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Nahhh... They haven't wised up... Well, actually maybe they really ARE much wiser than we think because it's a big cash cow for them.

But the liight flashing on a solar panel and powering the light infinitly is more likely prior art and so they don't patent that anymore. Or, they don't paten it any less ?

boB

Reply to
boB

[snip]

Sigh. You are obviously right I see they have granted a patent on e-Cat.

The LENR based e-Dog fantasy energy generation machine.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Just the job for you - emptying porta-potties. You might be able to handle it.

Reply to
krw

This coming from a lightweight who had to cheat his way through a diploma mill undergraduate curriculum in engineering technology...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

You're competing with AlwaysWrong again. Though you're not just stupid, you're a liar.

Reply to
krw

On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 20:41:30 -0400, krw Gave us:

Poor baby krw can't get through life without mouthing off about people and at people like the Donald Trumpesque retard he is.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno