Electrical Resitance

Learn to use kill filters.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"prickman"

** Then you sure ain't seen much of usenet.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I don't think Thunderbird has them... durn it! But then I'd miss over half the traffic in this group. By the time I killfiled everyone who said a cross word or called someone else an "idiot" it might be 95%.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

Thunderbird isn't the end all of newsreaders (rather poor, in fact). There are other choices. BTW, Thunderbird *DOES* have filters (Tools => Message filters).

...and you'd rather whine.

Good grief! There are other ways of killing messages other than by user.

Reply to
krw

I use an earlier version, and it has them. They are created & maintained under the 'Edit' function in the menu at the top left. I click 'Edit', go down to message filters & add a screen name or email address. Currently about 40 screen names are filterd.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

GREAT! Now where is the button to hide the messages I don't want to read. You know, all the ones with the lame personal insults and bickering over nothing. I don't see a way to set that up exactly. ;^)

Rick

Reply to
rickman

The 'mark read' button. I do a quick scan of new headers, and mark what I don't want to read.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell