eddy currents? Floating hooverboard on conductiove surface

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:34:02 -0500, Phil Hobbs Gave us:

Would also work better if instead of 'copper sheets'

The surface was a bunch of parallel copper strips with small non-conductive strips between them or a less conductive media like ESD matting polymer.

Then it would be like a half inch or an inch thick (the strip width set vertical). The surface would look like a bunch of shinny lines.

Make soft (or hard) sinusoidal curves in the stacks and forward and backward thrusts are easier.

That way, the side forces (angled actually) would have more to impinge against, as they are not actual side forces but slightly off perpendicular downward forces.

"Vectoring fields"

So, not a sheet, but a properly configured mat as a base will help.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 09:33:26 -0800, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno Gave us:

That metal honeycomb stuff for EMI shielding filled in with epoxy.

Maybe instead of the entire surface being conductive and costly, they can hover over a honeycomb of it making it far cheaper.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 09:28:00 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

Some energy going the other way.

I found my dream house too, for those who like science fiction.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

What's with the ski goggles?

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

Hover-snowboard?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 17:36:38 -0800, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno Gave us:

or...

Considering recent threads here, I cannot believe that nobody thought this and the comments to be extremely hilarious.

The folks I went to school with would all still be laughing and making cracks of their own.

Everyone here cannot be that drab.

I especially liked the comment about the existence of antihumans.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

There's a sucker born every moment.

If you add them all up, just in the USA alone, that makes a valuable market place.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 18:34:14 -0500, "Maynard A. Philbrook Jr." Gave us:

Are you really so stupid as to not know that it is 100% fiction? And was meant to be.

Do you really think anti-matter is being "harvested" from the earth?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Did I say any such thing?

You must have a reading comprehension problem.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 23:20:00 -0500, "Maynard A. Philbrook Jr." Gave us:

You must, as you obviously did not read the article, or you would know what I referred to.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You screwed up, take it like a man not like a pussy..

Suck it up!

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Plus a whole f-ton of lithium cells. Inductive maglev coils typically are water-cooled pipes. If high-freq, it pays to use pipe-shaped conductors m ade of silver. And if the hoverboard sat in one place, you'd have an indu ction furnace melting the ground plate. Well, you have an induction furna ce regardless.

But the hoverboard can be made quite cheaply, just use a simple copper slab . And the "skatepark" doesn't need any inefficient water-cooled maglev coi ls, since the same effect can be accomplished by high speed rotating neo ma gnets of a couple of kilograms each. Perhaps put each one in vacuum capsul es with their drive motors. See: Korean video of (heh, inexpensive) peopl e-lifting electromechanical maglev, huge neo magnets spun by a large array of ~1HP electric motors:

But it doesn't resemble "Back to the Future," so NO KICKSTARTER MEGABUCKS F OR *THEM*!

Apply side force to the ground slab, same as induction motors apply tangent forces to the copper squirrelcage

Or, have those motors spinning some thick copper disks, then cover the "hov erboard" with a few KG of neo supermagnets.

v=glCNP6qH_Dc 'dangerous mechanical maglev'

Reply to
Bill Beaty