Eagle. A better Visio than Visio

(...)

DoH!

I should have gotten that one because I was musing what the PCB would look like given all the bogus Packages I generated to create my Symbols!

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Doesn't everyone?

Holy Cow.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

(...)

'S Okay, George.

Don't feel bad. Just type slower, OK?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

(...)

Wow, that is a new one on me.

That is sure reminiscent of the Postscript files I used to hand-edit for my amusement.

Thanks!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Open with inkscape save as eps (or do same thing on the command-line with ghostscript pdf2ps / ps2eps)

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

I'm using Open Office Writer and it won't open an .eps properly.

Luckily, Eagle will (Export Image) (.png or .tif or .bmp) and I can do an Insert > Picture in Open Office Write, so I'm set.

Eagle > .png > Open Office Writer

I see that if I (Export Image) and check the 'Monochrome' box, the flowcharts lose the yellow background and the resulting image file is smaller.

This'll work!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

works fine here (ver 3.2.1)

PNGs tend to looks dodgy on paper unless you use 600dpi or more and when you do that it results in big files, and the corresponding slowness.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Maybe that's it. I'm at 2.4.1.

My flowcharts cost about 38 KB in .png and look acceptable.

In 'draft mode', they are a little jaggy. I'll give you that. :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Have you tried yEd? Free and very easy to use for things like flowcharts:

I really like the auto-snap and alignment functions. For more complex diagrams I use Inkscape.

--
Frank Buss, http://www.frank-buss.de
electronics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/frankbuss

(...)

Interesting. Thanks!

Offpage references are really important in the stuff I'm doing right now. My present chart is about half completed and I'm up to 13 pages!

It's magical the way Eagle maintains connectivity between pages.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston