DJI mini 2

A question about range.... In their spec, they claim max range = 15.7 kM this is the radio spec:- Transmitter Power (EIRP)

2.400-2.4835 GHz FCC ≤ 26 dBm CE ≤ 20 dBm SRRC ≤ 20 dBm

5.725-5.850 GHz FCC ≤ 26 dBm CE ≤ 14 dBm SRRC ≤ 26 dBm

What is that in terms of mW in the UK and what would the range be? I presume the 2.4 Ghz is the controller and the 5.8 is video ?

Reply to
TTman

26 dBm = 400 mW 20 dBm = 100 mW 14 dBm = 25 mW

(or close enough to, anyway).

Not sure if the UK still follows the European Union's "CE" ratings, but that's probably the best bet (FCC and SRRC are the USA and China, respectively).

Given the tables above, the US has the best chance at that 15km range on both bands; but it really comes down to the environmental conditions (i.e. how noisy the radio bands are) and line-of-sight to the drone.

15km will be quite a weak signal -- about -95 dBm or so with the US EIRP rating and 3dBi antenna on the receiver (and that I'm doing the math right ;) ).

Maybe. I don't have this one (or one with any camera for that matter).

Reply to
Dan Purgert