Diode connected transistor as temp sensor

an

or

ole

rature

p vs.

one

.1

ight

des as

with

on

s and

ant.

ation

emps.

an

it of

have

tles

for

s go

r than

t that

I told

al

10

diode

nd,

of 100

.

else

emps.

as

right

you

now

blow

No-one is arguing that you can't think straight when you design electronics - if nothing else you have taken care to surround yourself with enough talent that your occasional silly idea gets shot down before it gets into a public forum where it could embarrass you. It's your ideas outside of electronics, which you seem to get from right- wing newspapers and only discuss with right-wing nitwits like James Arthur, which reveal your appalling lack of general knowledge and intellectual rigour.

The word doesn't signify. The Dutch commercial community doesn't seem to think that I could do useful work for them now that I'm older than

65, which I don't find at all funny.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

temperature

as

than

that

told

100

right

Are you now suggesting that someone reviews my SED posts before I make them public?

It's

You are totally useless, and have been for years, and will be for the rest of your life, and you brag about your intellectual skills? That's funny.

And you post your drivel to s.e.d., even though you don't design electronics. That's sad.

They are right, of course.

John

temperature

vs.

one

might

diodes as

with

and

significant.

operation

temps.

of

have

bottles

go

than

that

told

diode

100

else

temps.

right

you

blow

They would have say the same thing, if he was 25. :(

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

whole

temperature

vs.

one

might

diodes as

with

and

significant.

operation

temps.

an

bit of

have

bottles

for

go

than

that

told

10

diode

ground,

of 100

else

temps.

as

right

you

know

blow

I don't know... Slowman is often correct in his evaluations of Larkin ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Sloman

transistor

whole

temperature

drop vs.

middle one

0.1

might

diodes as

with

the

on

transistors and

significant.

operation

temps.

it's an

bit of

wouldn't have

bottles

for

parts go

rather than

that that

I told

practical

is 10

diode

ground,

of 100

hurt.

else

temps.

mechanism, as

name right

way you

know

blow

That's no reason to hire Sloman.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Obviously not, because they'd probably also clean out your off-topic idiocies. The point is that when you think about electronics you do so in an environment that enforces some elementary error-checking. Your discussions - if any - about broader social issues seem to take place in a much less critical environment.

Pointing out that they are better than yours - outside of electronics

- is scarcely bragging.

I post stuff that you claim to be drivel. Since your judgement is depressing poor and vanity driven, the sadness lies in your claim, rather than my performance.

If your opinion on the subject told me anything other than that your vanity has been bruised, I might spend thirty seconds thinking about what it implied. You never took your academic education seriously - or at least no more seriously than you needed to to pass your exams - while I went on to do a Ph.D. before branching out into electronics. I've obviously got at least one skill that you lack, and one that you are never going to admit to be valuable.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Don't do that. You wouldn't like the results.

You never took your academic education seriously - or

I took the physics and the electronics seriously. And Beginners Tumbling, which taught me a lot. The English, Psychology, Philosophy, Economics, and Chemistry courses were dumb and boring, so I gave them minimal effort. I had two jobs during college, designing electronics, one wife, one kid, two cars, a house, and two motorcycles, so I was sort of busy.

What's obvious is that you suck at electronics (and my opinion counts here, by your admission) and that you haven't done anything useful in years, and you probably never will. If that's your idea of skill, enjoy.

John

ical

he

age

is

I'm going to be worried because you are self-satisfied jerk who doesn't like being disagreed with?

At the wrong things. Pity about the education.

It would, if you had much of an idea about the electronics I've designed. In fact you are relying on your ever-fertile imagination to fill out a very thin collection of facts.

In your unbiassed opinion ...

Retirement is like that, and I don't like it at all.

If thats your idea of a train of thought, your thoughts need training

- as I've mentioned before.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Then DO something!

John

I'm lacking all sorts of skills. I worry about none of them. I gave up being neurotic about 50 years ago.

John

There is only one skill that seems obvious to me where John is lacking and I don't think he is going to worry about being deprived of it any time soon.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

You were ahead of the curve, John -- neuroses where what drove much of the '70s, if I recall my history correctly. :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

I thought the '60s were what drove the '70s.

Reply to
krw

istical

The

hat he

engage

ho is

self

ake

t-

he

t's

eem

han

Got any suggestions? I've been casting around for a few years now, and nothing I've come up with has worked out ...

We'll be moving back to Australia in about 18 months, which may open up a new set of possibilities. Right now, I'm moving house, and spent the whole of yesterday afternoon putting a "high security" lock on the door of our storage space in the basement of the block of flats we are moving into. The state of the door-frame was enough to justify paying extra for a more robust lock, but it made it difficult to dig out the wood to make room for the cast-steel bolt receptacle that I had to let into the door-frame - I ad to do the whole job with my chisels, rather than doing most of the work with auger bits as the mounting instructions suggested.

The next burglar that tries to get through the lock is going to have to do a lot more damage than the last one did if they want to get into the storage space, but all the new lock does is to make sure that they would make a lot of noise in the process.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman