Digital waveform editor?

This is probably not what you want, but I found it interesting:

Mind the wrap.

John S

Reply to
John S

Which one do you mean? Frank Buss? Can't find it on his website.

I actually have a board from an old project which would be perfect for this purpose. It supports standard PC memory so it can play very long sequences. I probably could hack that together in a day or two. However it doesn't provide the flexible clocking and sequences available in the LW420.

Yeah, thats the whole problem: a sensible PC interface. That will take several weeks to write. Thinking about it, the PC interface should have some plugin system so you can add protocol generators.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

On a sunny day (Mon, 01 Aug 2011 19:12:30 GMT) it happened snipped-for-privacy@puntnl.niks (Nico Coesel) wrote in :

Yes, when I saw that site I thought: 'Oh I can program that', I still have a Spartan II digilab board laying about that I used for analog video conversion.

Maybe his stuff is all you need?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

This is pretty neat for documentation if you can embed the font in the resulting document. Actually my old Tektronix DAS9200 logic analyzer worked this way. I needed to configure a special DAS9200 font for the X-server to display te waveforms.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

OK, the confusion was your use of "waveform" - typically, "waveforms" are analog - what you're looking for is a timing diagram thing.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

The closest thing i have seen that isn't the real thing is a midi editor in piano roll mode. Can't recall any of the real thing off the top of me head. I did something kind of like that in Mathcad once.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Here's a freebie java timing diagram generator that pretty neat.

boB

Reply to
boB

You can try WaveDrom for digital timing diagrams.

It is free open source and work in your browser. Let me know if it works well for you.

Reply to
Aliaksei

You can try Altera's Quartus II or MaxPlus II. It has a logic simulator and that is where I have created timing files. I don't know if it has an output format that will work with Lecroy.

wanderer