Design a TVsignal-to-Printer Device

Hi there. I want to design a TV-to-Printer device. It must have an ordinary TV-in (or maybe Video-in) jack/port and an output printer port( Parallel or USB is ok).

it should process the image receiving from INPUT port, and send it to OUTPUT port, which finally results in a picture from INPUT signal on a sheet of paper. The actual "PRINT" action can be done with a simple button or something similar.

Any comments on how to do that? Any advice, links, circuits, projects, ... will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
delphiboy

Buy one:

JeffM

Good idea. But remember: I need to design a PC-independent device. A small box!

Reply to
delphiboy

Nice response but, there is nothing to remember because you did not mention that in the first place.

How about you go be stupid somewhere else?

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Then buy one. Video printers have been on the market for years. Video in, printed page out.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Try Eeyore's place, Its full of stupid. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

But surely this depends on whether this is a homework question or a one shot item, or even whether it's mass produced or just a few.

Because you can start squeezing things into a small box using embedded type equipment. And those are sometimes based on "IBM type computers" because it's far easier creating on a common platform (lots of hardware, lots of software) and then streamlining when needed.

And unless this is going to be manufacturered in large quantities, there is a point below which buying off the shelf components actually comes out ahead in terms of cost. Because while the hardware will cost more, you don't spend money on development that can't be spread over many units.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Video printers have been on the market for years.

Can you give me a clue? Like a make or even manufacturer's web site.

Reply to
delphiboy

There are so many, that I suspect people can't believe you cannot find them with a simple web search. Hitachi, Mitsubishi, and Sony, all make units that do this. Generally the cheaper units, are handled by people dong video surveillance equipment. Sony in particular, also do some very upmarket models, aimed at things like medical imaging.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

Video printers have been on the market for years.

Google has a nice search engine. Try it.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Video printers have been on the market for years.

Ah, the OP's IP address indicates he is from Tehran, Iran. Not likely he's heard of Google, then.

mrdarrett

Didn't you notice that he was posting through Google Groups and has a @gmail e-mail address? I would hope that he knows about Google, by now.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Good point. Then, it's a mystery to me too why he's unable to find one via Google. (Maybe he meant he couldn't find a vendor who would ship to Iran...?)

mrdarrett

If that was the case, we can't help him, can we?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Video printers have been on the market for years.

If you\'re ridin\' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and
then to make sure it\'s still there.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Have it shipped through North Korea?

If the first attempt at making a drawing board had been a failure,
what would they go back to?
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.