Delay relay

I need to operate two relays such that when relay A turns on relay B turns = delayed. When relay B turns off relay A turns off with a delay. The relays = can inverted so A when A turns on B turns off and vice versa. The delays ca= n be the same.

Both relays will be controlled by the same signal. This is not too difficul= t to make to with independent resistors, caps, and diodes(about 10 total co= mponents) but I believe it could be done better by some sort of more intell= igent topology than what I have(by maybe running them in totem pole).

Reply to
Jenkins

It sounds like you need a TDDO (time delay on dropout) relay for A, and a TDPU (time delay on pickup) for B.

--
Jim
Reply to

delayed. When relay B turns off relay A turns off with a delay. The relays can inverted so A when A turns on B turns off and vice versa. The delays can be the same.

to make to with independent resistors, caps, and diodes(about 10 total components) but I believe it could be done better by some sort of more intelligent topology than what I have(by maybe running them in totem pole).

Sounds like something I came up with one day in a pinch to operate a vacuum loader system.. It needed to load x number seconds and then do a air purge for x number of seconds.

I used an off the shelve Time OFf and Time On delay timers

I could easily adjust both of them to calibrate the loading time and purge time, before the next cycle if the control signal was still operating in the on position.

If you feel like building something, a 556 timer, which is a dual timer can be set up to do as you need.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie