debouncing and "short circult resume"

Hi,

PIC12F629 - and a bit of software.

--
Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Luhan Monat

You only need to debounce if a repeated stroke gives misbehaviour.

You have two positions - start and stop, niether of which will bounce when it's opposite is called for. if capacitively coupled, a failure in either could be over-riden simply by the disc ending, or being ejected.

RL

Reply to
legg

I am connecting a switch, a spdt manual toggle switch, as a remote start switch of a disc player. I was wondering is there any simple circuit that can do both debouncing and "short circuit resume" ? "short circuit resume" is if the switch (or the wire) happens to be faulty and short-ciruit, my circuit could ignore the fault and give a open input to the disc player, and prevent shorting the input of the player for long time. Is there already an IC for such purpose ? Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
johnn

I would guess the disk player has a pull up or pull down resistor on this line? If so why not use a capacitor connected in series with the switch to the opposite logic pole.

If the player was designed to be used with a switch then the debouncing should have been put in there?

Anyway, if advice is useless do the honorable thing and torch it!

Rocky

the switch to the other side.

Reply to
Rolavine