Cpacitor discharge

Makras you seem to be the bigger idiot. You post a link that is totally unrelated to what he is saying. He answers and kindly gives you an explanantion. And you call him an idiot. Just piss off Makras troll.

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus M.

I think he was referring to an ideal capacitor. that usually works in the ideal world how ever, and good designer has experience and knows where the ESR and leakage problems lye and there for, learn over time how to calculate that. I find that while doing courses, ideal factors are normally what they are looking for. Q then comes in later on.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Oh, you mean he lives in the US? :)

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Hi Andy,

It doesn't matter. The concept you offered was that "a capacitor is an open circuit to a constant current. So a capacitor generating constant current is impossible."

Is that really what you mean to say?

The diagram I drew shows a capacitor feeding a constant current regulator. Per your theory, this could not work - but it does.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

I'm glad to see the correct technical term! :-)

Reply to
ehsjr

Looks to me, Ed, like Andy doesn't quite get the concept of the difference between Mr. LaPlace and Mr. Fourier.

Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Tom Bruhns

Always happy to be able to help! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

At least not in the conditions given by the Op is that possible.

The capacitor is not feeding a constant regulator circuit. Its use there is totally different . You should know better as you suggested this.

The LM317 works even as a current regulator even without the capacitor that proves its presence is not critical. I was under the impression (and possibly you too) the Op was asking about Capacitors generating constant currents.

I suggested a circuit earlier on where it could have been possible.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Edge

-:)

Interesting though (that from the Ip addresses) of mkaras and ehjsr who share the same thoughts on this subject both come from Reston in Virginia. What does that suggest?

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Edge

It appears you have not learned to recognize Monsieur LaPlace as being distinct from Monsieur Fourier, and perhaps have also not learned how to place proper limits on your integrations. Make it as "easy" as you like; doing so does not make it right. I suppose you may know that and are simply trolling. Please report to the triage desk...

Since the rest of this thread has degenerated into a mutual name- calling exercise, I'm outta here.

Reply to
Tom Bruhns

Maybe it's the new "Edge Transform". :-)

Reply to
ehsjr

Do you mean when it changes from a gel to foam to give a good shave?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida