Counterfactual computation

On a sunny day (Thu, 30 May 2019 20:17:45 +0100) it happened "Kevin Aylward" wrote in :

Sorry for late reply, needed some sleep and am reading that link now. I largely agree here.

Yes, LET comes to mind, Lorentz Ether Theory.

Just a step aside, what I found interesting (now going back to the nineties of previous century) was Le Sage theory of gravity.
's_theory_of_gravitation

I always look for a physical system, else I cannot understand what is going on. So in those days, with my very simple computer (what was it? Z80 system I designed), I wrote a simulation for a number of bodies and Le Sage like particles, just to see if the results were anything like what you have with gravity. Le Sage proposed many particles traveling at high speed in all directions, where you get some 'shadowing' by say planets etc and a resulting force. The simulation I wrote worked! Now that was at least some mechanism, question then arises: Where do those particles come from?' and 'are those the same all over the known universe, or are there places where those particles are less frequent, have less density, and what would (if those particles are of subatomic size) look atoms like if that compressing force _and here we go_ was not present?.' Larger atoms (pendulum) slower clocks in Le Sage shadowed areas, clocks run slower in those shadowed areas near earth? Not saying that idea is correct, but .. some tests have shown that gravity has the same speed as light, could a LS particle be the medium, the ocean that light waves propagate in? Now I have connected gravity and the other forces, where Einstein failed. Again, these have been my thoughts in those years, think I mentioned that several times in newsgroups. And then there is the mathematical stuff. Indeed electricity without electrons makes little sense, that broke down with the Fleming experiment a current in vacuum (in a vacuum tube). Electrons We really need a mechanism. We are rather big, and can only see so far into the ever smaller world, we now know about atoms and other elementary particles, but what if you go smaller and smaller...

It could well be if the previous holds true, that much of todays (2019) physics about what the universe is, big bang, is completely wrong.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

PS In a Le Sage theory 'singularities' cannot exist. There is a point where all LS particles are stopped,m absorbed / reflected whatever. Every time a mamathecision cries 'Singularity' I know it / he / she did a divide by zero somewhere. In nature something always gives way (First Law Of Panteltje).

That also means that inside what we now call 'black hole', structure of matter may be very different.

The second thing is I proposed long ago in sci.physics that perhaps the Le Sage particles could originate in processes in stars. Somebody then remarked 'that can never work as the universe would fly apart'.

Few years later it was found the universe is ever faster expanding... Dark matter, dark energy.

The old Le Sage theory can explain a lot without a lot of hocus-pokus.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

.Now that was at least some mechanism, question then arises: Where do those particles come from?'

Its pretty clear that the Le Sage model is incorrect. However, there is a particle model that is a standard result in Physics.

This is the Spin 2, graviton particle exchange model. It, essentially, gets the same equations as the Einstein Feld Equations. The model explains "how it can be shown any massless spin-2 field would give rise to a force indistinguishable from gravitation, because a massless spin-2 field would couple to the stress?energy tensor in the same way that gravitational interactions do."

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

On a sunny day (Fri, 31 May 2019 15:52:54 +0100) it happened "Kevin Aylward" wrote in :

Not so sure about that, not even if Feyman could not hack it...

Yes, but if you read all the way down to 'Difficulties and outstanding issues'

then you see plenty of problems, only string theory would solve. And as I mentioned before, string.. is a creaton by mathemagicians. Is there any sort of testing possible for string theory?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje