Could lightning flashes damage a camcorder ?

Totally funny, looks like a lot of fun making these kinds of video's:

Makes me want one even more ! LOL.

Bye, Skybuck =D

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Wow this guy is actually filming the sun with his brand new panasonic TM 700 ?!?:

Yeah that's what the time lapse feature could cause... ;)

Makes my question more urgent ! ;) :)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Hmm panasonic website mentions no 707, though some german shop seems to sell something like that ?

The panasonic website also doesn't have a manual online for the 700 a bit of a bummer... and no real warranty information...

Pixmania has it in store and offers 2 year warranty... plus extended warranty possible.

There is a technical specification available... it mentions no flash card included ?

Using the internal flash card sounds a bit dangerous to me... the internal flash card could fall after many writes ?

I would like to use an external just in case ;)

Remaining question is what flash cards to buy ? ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Also there could be a difference between usa and europe version... I saw that mentioned somewhere...

It seems USA version would use 60 fps and the Europe version would use 50 fps which would be odd ?!?

My monitor is 60 hz as far as I know... why would I want a 50 fps camcorder ?!??!?!? Weird...

The spec mentions 60p.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Pixmania does sell the panasonic camcorders but not it's flash cards... kinda bummer but assuming other cards compatible then maybe these will work:

They quite expensive too... 200+ euro bucks.

But the money I am saving by getting the panasonic can be spent on an external 32 gb flash card.

Or maybe 2x 16 GB cards to spread the risk of damaging one a little bit.

Or maybe even 4x 8 GB cards to spread the risk even further... but then recording might get shitty.

Though 8 GB should be enough for roughly 3 hours of full HD.

The battery life is roughly half that... so even with second battery... I could then fully write it in roughly one go.

So maybe just two 8 GB cards necessary to save some money.

One for main use... one for backup ;)

Now I wonder if an extra battery can be purchased ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Hmm that seems to be a different model... a cheaper one...

It's the SD 700...

The model I read a review about... was a bit more expensive... the TM 700...

Gotta watch out for that ! ;) :)

Bye, Skybuck =D

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Though now I am getting second doubts... these panasonic 70x optical zoom camera's seem kinda sexy too ! ;) =D

Hmmmmm... :)

And they much much cheaper... hmmm...

Bye, Skybuck ;) :)

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

If you wanna by a "perv" mode camera... (70x zoom) then now is probably the time to do so... I thought about it a little bit... and I can see these camera's and this technology getting banned for "privacy reasons". ;)

For now I think "politics" has not catched up to this technology situation... and maybe not enough cases of "mis-use" and "abuse"... but that might change after some scandals or so ;) =D

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Wow... I wonder how it would be like using one of those 70x camera's from an airplane and then filming the ground ?! ;) :)

Maybe somebody has already done it... me go search youtube ;) :)

Bye, Skybuck ;) :)

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

I burned out a forward looking camera in an instrumented tourist bus. The bus stopped at a traffic jam, with the sun just at the horizon, and a black trace was burned right across the field of view. The camera was still operational, but with an ugly smear across the field.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

It'd have less chance than a lightening flash. Crash Lander

Reply to
Crash Lander

"Mind flashes" from idiot Skybucks are far more dangerous than anything else in nature!

Reply to
Robert Baer

But it may damage Skybuck's UNCLE...

Reply to
Robert Baer

On theoretical grounds, by considering the energy that a magnifying glass can capture from a lightening flash, which is bright, but brief.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

:):

ut it

can't

Have you got ADHD Skybuck?

Reply to
Greegor

" Have you got ADHD Skybuck? "

LOL, Just because I am very active on usenet doesn't mean I have ADHD ! =D

Bye, skybuck ;) =D

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

with

?

;) :):

"build-in-fan" but it

be

?;))

lock"... can't

?

No 'e has "Troll With Insane Thoughtless Shit Excess Syndrome" (TWISTED).

Reply to
JosephKK

If I do buy the panasonic tm 700 high resolution camera I think I will also buy the 70x zoom camera... just to have fun with it too ! ;) :)

I still need to figure out what flash chips to buy... that's the hardest part ?! ;) :)

And I am still not sure about the fan thingy... but I guess buy buying another one without a fan at least I will have one decent noiseless-camera ?! ;)

Also I need to check out if there is already software available for manipulating the high-res video's or if there are specs available to maybe even develop my own.

If I remember correctly the panasonic has a down scale option to automatically convert the high-res to low res...

Good thing I think about this... this means the flash cards might have to be double as big/extra big to be able to do that on the flash card itself ! ;) :)

Bye, Skybuck =D

Reply to
Skybuck Flying