Confusing wording?

And dBmv for CATV and other TV RF sources. Also the Reference Levels for Cable Modems.

0dBmv = 1mV across a 75 Ohm load.
Reply to
Michael Terrell

Here we go!

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Wow! The number of interpretations we've had over this! :-D

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

r minus 25%' is close enough.

Agreed. Here's a paragraph from the HP 654A Test Oscillator Manual, Section 1, General Information, Page 7:

The Model 654A is a stable, low distortion sine-wave signal source with a flat frequency response of +/-0.5% over the frequency range of 10Hz to 10 MHz. The attenuators allow the signal to be adjusted in 1 dB and 10 dB steps from +10 dBm to -89 dBm, and the front panel AMPLITUDE control allows a continuous adjustment in level of +/-1 dB from the settings shown on the OUTPUT LEVEL attenuators. The flat frequency response is achieved by automatic leveling circuits within the 654A.

Steve Wilson

no, an increase of 1mw would be +(0dBm)

--
  Jasen.
Reply to

My bad, of course it's 0dBm.. (I was wondering why somebody thought

9dBm+1dB=9.6dBm, but that's it!)
--
mikko
Reply to