Companies that went bankrupt over bad decisions

Hey SNIPPERMAN, who says that I DIDN'T know that? You, as usual, jumped to conclusions (not that you can jump all that high). What you DON'T KNOW is that the automotive specifications are much more strict than the industrial, which includes FAR MORE than just temperature.

Oh, what YOU know is from the 70's. Newsflash: that was FIFTY YEARS AGO! You, as usual, KNOW NOTHING!

Reply to
Flyguy

You did. You seemed to think that Texas Instruments selling into the automotive market made them uniquely special.

What makes you think that? I posted a link to a website that made exactly the point about other temperature ranges, so I didn't need to spell it out.

The temperature differences are the obvious difference - hermitic packages can survive in tougher environments than plastic packages, and we all know about that too (and have done for decades).

Some of it is.

Flyguy doesn't seem to learn stuff as he gets older. Newsflash - most of us haven't got Flyguy's problems. There wasn't any programmable logic around in the 1970's, and a neat idea that I had back then didn't get reduced to practice until 1993, when I finally got my hands on an ICT Place PA7024 which was (just) big enough to accommodate what I'd wanted to do back then

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

No, that is what your DELUSIONAL MIND thought - I said NOTHING of the sort.

What you wrote.

Which isn't relevant FIFTY YEARS later.

More delusion on the part of SNIPPERMAN - this has NOTHING to do with the topic whatsoever. SNIPPERMAN's proclamations concerning TI are totally false.

Reply to
Flyguy

Are you salty over them selling the laptop line to Acer or something? Are you locked into TI made 4Mb DRAM chips?

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I hadn't known that Texas Instruments ever made lap-tops. I was talking about the semi-conductor company, and the individual integrated circuits that it sold. products.

No. I did have a development project that depended in Texas Instruments 64k serial memories back in 1979, which stopped making sense when 16k DRAMs got cheap, but that was a different kind of problem. DRAMs are industry standard parts, and nobody sane gets mousetrapped into using one that hasn't got multiple sources.

Sensible people tended to use bigger parts, even if they were a bit more expensive per bit when you designed them in because they'd stay in production for longer, usually after the originally cheaper parts had become unobtainable.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

They made a well respected line of business laptops for years.

So how did they gyp you back in 1957 or whever it was? Bad batch of TIP31s?

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Translation of SNIPPERMAN's bullshit: he is STILL pissed about some imagined grievance that is FIFTY YEARS OLD. Note that this is typical of geezers who are entering dementia...

Reply to
Flyguy

This is a typical Flyguy misapprehension. He does use the word "translation" when actually he's inventing some new and largely original narrative. I'm not pissed off about one single incident, but rather reporting my reactions to a series of incidents spread over about twenty years, none of which got me all that irritated, but did suggest - when taken together - that Texas Instruments parts were best avoided.

Flyguy might know about that - he's been demented for quite while now, though he doesn't seem to realise it. It doesn't seem to have taught him anything about dementia. He thinks that Joe Biden is demented because he makes speech errors - though Trump's lying propaganda may come into that since Flyguy is gullible as well as very stupid.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Sure sounds like it. In any event TI is a major player in the semiconductor market, totally different from what you portrayed them as. Major automobile manufacturers depend upon TI, and I think they are much brighter than you.

Lyin' Biden IS demented - he stumbles, mumbles, doesn't know where he is and forgets names of people like Obama. And your imagined wrongs fall into that category.

Reply to
Flyguy

I never said they weren't. They got even bigger when they took over National Semiconductor.

. Lots of people depend on the semiconductor industry. Major automobile manufacturers are just a part of their market. "Second sourcing" is a good idea if you are relying on industry standard parts, and you don't buy most of the parts that are produced. The car industry is big enough to pay for application specific circuits (not that they seem to bother) and their attitude to Texas Instruments reflect the fact they buy enough parts to exert an influence.

None of us do.

What you think about other people's "brightness" isn't really interesting - you aren't all that bright yourself and your judgment sucks.

Joe Biden has been making speech errors since he got into politics. He wasn't demented then, and he isn't demented now, even though half-wits like you and Trump think that it is worth making that fatuous claim.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Translation: "You're right, as usual."

Translation: "You're right, as usual."

I'm brighter than you, someone who advocates nuking their OWN COUTRY!!!!

I have posted links to videos that CLEARLY shows Lyin' Biden's decline in just the last TWO YEARS! Forgetting names and places (like Obummer's and Trump's) isn't just a "speech error" - it is a textbook example of dementia. And when he fell THREE TIMES going up the stairs of Air Force One ISN'T a "speech error" - it IS a loss of motor control. And the fool refuses to take a cognitive test that might put the issue to rest.

don't give a f*ck what you foreigners think, but we Americans WANT to know that our leader is up to the job, and most think that Lyin' Biden IS NOT!

Reply to
Flyguy

Flyguy does search hard for places where he can claim he got something right. In this case he claimed that I'd portrayed Texas Instruments in a way that he had thought was wrong, which I hadn't.

Flyguy seems to think that he's right quite often. He isn't. Major automobile manufactures buy semi-conductors from all over. My 1993 milliKelvin thermosat used a Siemens SAB80C517A single chip processor, and a few years later, when I was living the Netherlands Volkswagen designed it into one of their cars, and none of the UK distributors had any in stock. I got an e-mail from Cambridge about it and managed to find and buy thirty of them from Dutch distributors and post them off to Cambridge, which kept them going until new stock arrived.

But too stupid to realise that the US government nuked quite a few bits of their own country.

How could one video show a decline over two years?

Not in any textbook that I know of.

Which does happen as you get older. Trump was famously cautious going down a very shallow ramp. It's got nothing to do with dementia.

It wouldn't. Clowns like you and Trump would continue to insist that he was demented. Why dignify your fatuous assertions by appearing to take them seriously?

A noisy and rather foolish minority may think that. Quite a few of them also think that Donald Trump was up to the job.

Some 910,104 Americans have now died of Covid-19. That's 2,724 per million. Countries that did better at keeping it out - Australia comes to mind - have many fewer deaths. Australia has got up to 148 per million. If Trump had done anything effective at keeping it out the country back in 2020, many fewer Americans would be dying of it now.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman