Collaborative wiki - EE needed

Hello,

We're creating a large wiki covering science and other fields and need volunteer writers/editors.

The idea is to gather a group of 1000+ volunteers.

By restricting the edition of this wiki to scientists and amateur scientists, we're mostly assured to get true and reliable facts for the benefit of all.

Interested? Please find contact info at:

david

That's a litle surprising way to advertise a wiki.

By the way, I recently opened a metalworking wiki for rec.crafts.metalworking at

It is a community site, meaning that I try to exercise as little control as possible. The nice thing about it is that people can create project pages, with pictures and descriptions of their projects, personal pages etc.

If you have interest in metalworking, feel free to join.

Ignoramus17661

Oh, are you sure ? Scientists, amateur scientists, have a look at the newsgroup sci.physics. The cranks and self appointed experts contribute to a rather high noise level.

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

Why compete with Wikipedia? There's a critical mass effect here, like ebay and Craigslist, that makes it hard to compete.

Besides, Wikipedia started with your model, and it didn't work.

John

Alternative sources are always good. Tell me more, what didn't worked, the 'by invitation only' wiki model? Well, this is to avoid vandalism.

Reply to
david

I am a scientists and I can tell you it's easy to see spot out those. Also sci.physics is open and this wiki is a 'by invitation only'.

Reply to
david

It's easy to look up the origins and history of wikipwdia; try the obvious way.

John