Circuit simulation software

Indeed. My favourite is:

"Meaningless quotes have no meaning"

Indeed. One doesn't have to be right to win a debate.

Kevin Aylward B.Sc. snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

"There are none more ignorant and useless,than they that seek answers on their knees, with their eyes closed"

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

Indeed. All religions are residues of times when people knew no better than to say, well mate, it was all made by this invisable alien that can do anything, know everthing, and be everwhere...yeah sure...and pigs can fly.

Kevin Aylward B.Sc. snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

"There are none more ignorant and useless,than they that seek answers on their knees, with their eyes closed"

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

Reminds me, I need to add offset to my Configurable OpAmp model. I already have slew rate, GBW and excess phase modeled.

Yep!

Agreed ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Wasn't available in ~'76. ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

Which implies that you can rebut me without refuting me.

Reply to
mc

What subset of the population do you want as customers? Not, presumably, the 50% of Americans who attend church.

What other exclusion criteria are you setting up? Those of us who wonder whether to do business with you want to know.

Reply to
mc

Yes.

The issue with the novices in here, is that they make all these daft claims that spice isn't up to the job, when the reality is that they are not up to the job of using Spice.

Its like claiming a PhD math expert shouldn't be using MathCAD, or a carpenter shouldn't be using a power drill etc. One has to learn how to use the tools of the trade *correctly*. This can take many years for some.

Kevin Aylward B.Sc. snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

"There are none more ignorant and useless,than they that seek answers on their knees, with their eyes closed"

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

In principle, yes. In this case, refutation has already been done.

Kevin Aylward B.Sc. snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

"There are none more ignorant and useless,than they that seek answers on their knees, with their eyes closed"

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

I have principles. Given a tossup being money and the truth, its a no contest for me.

Giving credibility to pixies, elves, Santa Claus and gods, is the sign of a twat, potential customer or not.

Anyway, my day job is as an anlogue i.c. design engineer, SS is just pocket money.

Kevin Aylward B.Sc. snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

"There are none more ignorant and useless,than they that seek answers on their knees, with their eyes closed"

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

On the other-hand, there are many who don't go to church, and do not care what religious belief someone holds, and many who do go to church and don't care, and this more than balances all the bigots like you. You may assume anything you want about my religious position and I don't care.

I'm sure his business will do well without you.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

I'm a bigot? Huh? You may have misread something.

I don't care what religious belief he holds (at least, it has nothing to do with whether I do business with him). But *he* objects to religious people, and says so right under his advertisement, which led me to wonder whether he also wants to exclude other large groups of potential customers.

Reply to
mc

What did you refute?

Reply to
mc

Are you actually incapable of designing an original circuit that you are confident will work? I do that all the time. I dislike copying circuits, even my own. Sometimes I do a little math, sometimes even use a calculator, and sometimes sketch a Bode plot or such to check closed-loop stability. Simulation is reserved for just the rare, really hardcore cases.

Of course it gets tested after Production builds the first, sellable article, but all that simulation/breadboarding time was sliced out of the critical path.

John

I seriously pissed off a guy a few years back, who hassled my atheism after preaching at me. I pointed out he shouldnt get so upset, his god is just one of the many I dont believe in.

Oh Yeah, I agree with Kevin too.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

I terrified one at a video arcade once. Some guy came up and started preaching, and I said, "It's too late." He said something like "It's never too late for Jesus." I said, "No, I mean too late for you. I'm a Diabolist, and if you're not out of my sight in three seconds, I'm going to put a curse on you."

The only other time I've seen a human move so fast was the guy in the intake of an A-7 when the rest of the crew acted like they were going to start the engine. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

As I have explained many times. The only way to achieve something truly new is for that newness to be achieved by randomness. If it is random, by definition, it operation can not be predicted with certainty.

Of course, I have designed many circuits that are "novel" by combining existing circuits (cross coupled genes) that have worked 1st time. In these case one can make a prediction based on existing knowledge.

You still dont get the point. Its strickly imposible to design a "new" circuit without copying something. Again, I have already explained, that one must use *existing* knowledge (i.e. copying) to produce a usefull design, for example, one will use diff pairs, current mirrors, cascodes, push-pull outputs, salen-key filter, etc.

To obtain a totally original circuit you must use a pifetz, connected to wizbangs, driven by gottenburgs, and you no can't connect them up with wire, thats already been done, so not orginal.

Tell, when and how did you manage to invent these new physics components?

You are not doing complex analogue designs then. Its that simple.

I think you are not being honest with yourself, or simply not understanding what it is you actually do or what I am saying.

Kevin Aylward B.Sc. snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

"There are none more ignorant and useless,than they that seek answers on their knees, with their eyes closed"

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

ROTFLMAO! Thats wonderful Rich, I may well pinch it.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Geeze Kev, have you ever considered a career in Law? Aside from the obvious issue with dailysex, you have the required pedanticism in spades :)

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

"required pedanticism in spades"? ROTFLMAO! Can I "pinch" that ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Whether a circuit's discovery is random or divinely inspired or whatever, the predictability of its behavior can be evaluated independent of its origin. Randomness is not a permanent pollutant.

Or are you saying that you only trust and use circuits that someone else has already used and proven to be reliable?

John