chromatic tuner ic

Can someone tell me if there is an IC which performs chromatic (digital) tuning for the various musical instrument tuners on the market. Obviously various circuits can be made with an AD converter or some type of beat detector/filter however I would assume that most of the digital tuners on the market these days have a dedicated IC to perform this function

Thanks Fritz

Reply to
rec.woodworking

This is quite a complex job for a guitar as they dont put sine waves. I tried to design my own tuner and it failed miserably due to this. In the end I did a fast fourier transform on the data to get the exact frequency. Its not for the faint hearted !

Reply to
Marra

I haven't kept up, but here's what they used in organs 30 years ago: (I remember "Mostek")

They started with a VERY fast clock (well, for folks used to dealing with audio) and divided by 10594

JeffM

Try your friendly local guitar shop for a complete unit.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller