Chip and Pin falls over

It's not only Shell -

Chip & PIN Scam is Spreading:

Watch Out for Purse Snatchers:

I Was Targetted by Card Fraudsters:

Reminder: It's your responsibility to keep your PIN safe at all times. (Cards Terms & Conditions). Well the industry cant keep a PIN secure, so I'll rip this up.

Crooks look as if they are targetting PINs, then dipping bags and purses for highly valuable cards. Tough luck if your carrying more than one card and use the same PIN for each card. Bingo a crook thinks. I forgot to mention, advice on the cardwatch web site says; Dont use the same PIN for each card.

In the interest of personal safety, PIN security or lack off, and liability issues, I should imagine more and more people will be considering Chip & Signature (especially with their credit cards), that's if the industry decides to tell everyone about Chip & signature cards

Reply to
jjamies

yes. I meant bile, of which copious quantities spew forth.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

As I get older, I begin to worry that the early symptoms of alzheimers will be that I can't remember how to get my money. New PINs for everything make it more likely.

Reply to
xray

well it was only ever going to be as secure as the bank machines... which were already doing c+p and were regularly scammed.

All you need is a friendly retailer, prepared to let you bug their machine and tell some story about a bogus service man when it comes to light.

David

Reply to
David Collier

[somebody else wrote]...

From the tone, I'd say more like spittle. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

The BBC News this evening showed how it was done. Some hardware was attached to the terminals that recorded the PIN and account details for each card. The cards were then cloned. I suppose biometric techniques could make the system much more secure, if they could be made to work reliably.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

Yikes! Look who's beaten us to it!