Chinese-made reflow soldering ovens

I have done this with a "wall" made from bent copper foil I have around (for some reason that escapes me).

For ~$2k you can get a rework station complete with these

John Devereux
Reply to
John Devereux

Found it again:

Jan Panteltje

I keep it around, too. Not sure I could build a dam close enough to save the parts around the chips, though.

Haven't seen those. Maybe I should buy a set.

Reply to
krw

Yes, Shenzhen in China is fantastic for anything electronic. It has been my candy store for over 10 years and I still go there at least twice a year.

Coming from Hong Kong it is only ~70 minutes from Kowloon Tong by rail

Chinese side at the border crossing to Luohu. It is valid for the Shenzhen Economic Zone only and for 3 days.

In Luohu you buy a subway token to Huaquiang North (the 5th stop) in Futian district and take any exit that leads to Shennan Blvd North. BINGO!

As you look around you will see the big SEG building. Only the lower 2 floor of it are interesting. There about 10 huge buildings full of electronic components and instruments. Looking north from Shennan Blvd they are mostly to the left of Huaquiang Road North. If you only have a day or two you will need to prioritize because the area is vast.

There is fairly cheap accommodation on South Huaquiang Road, 10 minutes walk.

undergrund right next to the subway station. There are a lot of chip replacers there.

-------------------------

OT: First time I passed through Louho was in 1984. It was a 6000 people

infrastructure pains: housing, streets, water, electricity, transport, schools, hospitals, police, jails etc.

Werner Dahn

Reply to
aioe usenet

he

in

ing

ds

ll

I have one of those cheap T962 ovens. No mods whatsoever. It works "okay" using a lead-free curve with Sn63/37 solder if you raise the board up a bit off the tray. I run the board through 2x to get parts on both sides.

I recently purchased a larger model conveyorized oven. They've done somethi ng weird with the thermocouples- they're sort of half grounded, and are co mmoned again at the control PCB. There was a few little things wrong with i t when it arrived, which I fixed. It seems to work okay from what I can tel l. At least they put a cold junction compensator in there, but the electron ics was designed by someone with no relevant instrumentation experience.

--sp

Reply to
speff