car battery dead

No, if you were running water _through_ the battery, there'd be no problem. What it does is just sit there, and you replace a few teaspoons at a time, as needed, while the contaminants pile up.

Would you rather have a battery last five years, or ten?

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

The contaminents in tap water aren't going to reduce the life of the battery by a single minute. What will affect the battery are discharges, overcharges, freezing it, boiling it, and running it out of water.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Try dumping a tablespoon of salt into yours.

Reply to
krw

I do not have the misfortune to live there. But the location is called Weed, Ca. There are signs all over the place warning that the water is not drinkable.

It has resulted in many trips to the hospital, not necessarily emergency room. Chronic type stuff.

(what

in

Then why do you do what you do? Reverse osmosis filtering. Oh, by the way, premier chemistry labs and semiconductor fabs have some of the purist water around.

car

Reply to
JosephKK

Unlike my car's battery, I go through more than 2 gallons of water every 5 years. Phoenix water is filthy so I have the purifier. I doubt it makes any difference to the battery, but it is as easy to pour as tap water. I sure as hell won't go out of my way for "genuine DI water".

Reverse osmosis filtering. Oh, by

Irrelevent

Reply to
AZ Nomad

these tools are intended for amateur auto mechanics, if they're not reasonably fool proof there'll be too many returns.

Reply to
Jasen Betts